AISP November 2013 Conference: Demonstrated Uses of Integrated Data Systems.
The AISP November 2013 Conference featured several panels with a variety of skilled participants covering the uses and abilities of integrated data systems.
Dr. Jens Ludwig, McCormick Foundation Professor of Social Service Administration, Law, and Public Policy in the School of Social Service Administration and the Harris School; Director, University of Chicago Crime Lab. He spoke on the power of using integrated data to prevent youth violence.
Panel 1: Pay For Success: Innovations in Financing Services – Panel 1 Summary
Chair: Tracy Palandjian, Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder, Social Finance – Tracy Palandjian Presentation Slides
- Kristin Misner, Chief of Staff to the Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services – Kristin Misner Presentation Slides
- Maryanne Schretzman, Center for Innovation through Data Intelligence (CIDI), Office of the Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services, New York City – Maryanne Schretzman Presentation Slides
- Kathy Stack, Deputy Associate Director for Education, Income, Maintenance, and Labor; U.S. Office of Management and Budget
Panel 2: Advancing the Evidence and Innovation Agenda: The Power of IDS for Experimental and Comparative Effectiveness Research – Panel 2 Summary
Chair: Jon Baron, President, The Coalition for Evidence-Based Policy
- Dave Patterson, Chief, Health, and Demographics: South Carolina Budget and Control Board Division of Research and Statistics – Dave Patterson Presentation Slides
- John Laub, Distinguished University Professor of Criminology and Criminal Justice, University of Maryland – John Laub Presentation Slides
- Betsey Stevenson, Member, White House Council of Economic Advisors – Betsey Stevenson Presentation Slides
Panel 3: Striking a Balance: Protecting Student Records and Facilitating Useful Research – Panel 3 Summary
Chair: John Fantuzzo, co-Director, AISP, University of Pennsylvania
- Kathleen Styles, Chief Privacy Officer, U.S. Department of Education
- Erin Dalton, Deputy Director, Allegheny County Department of Human Services, Office of Data Analysis, Research, and Evaluation – Erin Dalton Presentation Slides
- John Easton, Director, Institute of Education Sciences, U.S. Department of Education
- Ann Terrell represented Greg Thornton, Superintendent, Milwaukee Public Schools – Ann Terrell Presentation Slides
Panel 4: Engaging Community Stakeholders in Policy and Practice Reforms – Panel 4 Summary
Chair: Elizabeth Gaines, Vice President, Policy Solutions, Forum for Youth Investment – Elizabeth Gaines Presentation Slides
- Laura Shubilla, co-founder of Building 21 – Laura Shubilla Presentation Slides
- Claudia Coulton, Professor, Case Western Reserve University – Claudia Coulton Presentation Slides
- Rebecca Lee, Information Group Acting Director – Rebecca Lee Presentation Slides